Then & Now: 112 East Patrick Street

Photography by Turner Photography Studio | Posted on 06.19.15 – History, Then & Now

Then: circa 1925
Now: 2015

Note: The Ideal Garage Company opened on East Patrick Street in 1911 as one of the county’s earliest automobile dealers. The company sold Buicks and in the 1920s advertised itself as the “largest and most complete garage in the state.” In the 1950s, the owners added Opel and used cars, and in the 1970s the company changed its name to Ideal Buick. The company moved to Urbana Pike in the 1980s. The building today is Emporium Antiques, which opened in 1987.